The National Education, Health and Allied Workers’ Union [NEHAWU] invites the media to a press conference to communicate its state of readiness and details of its upcoming Provincial Day of Action in the Eastern Cape this morning in East London.
The Provincial Day of Action will be in a form of a march directed to the Premier of the Eastern Cape Province. The aim of the march is to sharply raise the following demands amongst others:
- Immediate payment of Human Resources Operational Processes Team [HROPT]
- Scrapping of the illegitimate the Provincial Coordinating Management Team [PCMT] based in the office of the Premier
- Failure to follow up the investigation of Sex for Jobs scandal to a logical conclusion as was reported by the union Shop stewards to the legislature.
- Decentralisation of the Persal system
- Unsafe buildings especially in health and social development offices
- End to corruption, fraud and nepotism
- Immediate suspension of all departmental organograms
- Payment of all accruals including pension benefits, overtime gratuity payments
- Immediate absorption of all Community Healthcare Workers [CHW] and contract workers
- Filling of all funded vacant posts
- Union bashing by government departments
Details of the press conference:
Date: Tuesday October 16, 2018
Venue: East London International Convention Centre Marine Park Complex, 22 Esplanade, Beachfront, East London
Members of the media are invited to attend and to cover the press conference.
For more information please contact NEHAWU Media Liaison Officer, Cde Khaya Xaba, at 082 455 2500 or email@example.com