Thousands of workers employed by the City of Johannesburg who are also members of the South African Municipal Workers’ Union (SAMWU), will tomorrow (Thursday, 17 October) gather at the City’s Metro chambers for a meeting with Mayor Herman Mashaba and Municipal Manager Ndivhoniswani Lukwareni.
Workers will also be delivering a memorandum of demands which will include the following issues;
· Accountability on the over R29 million stolen by the City and its accomplices
· Immediate payment of subscriptions to the union
· Adherence to Labour Laws and Collective Bargaining
· Withdrawal of the Memorandum of Understanding signed without our consent
· The City to stop and reverse suspensions of workers
Members of the media are hereby invited to attend and cover the gathering which will be held as follows;
Date : Thursday, 17 October 2019
Time : 09:00
Venue : City of Johannesburg, Metro Chambers
There will also be an opportunity for members of the media to conduct one on one interviews with National and Provincial leadership of the union at the gathering.
Members of the media are urged to confirm attendance telephonically on 0737100356 or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Issued by SAMWU Head Office
National Media Officer
073 710 0356