The National Education, Health and Allied Workers’ Union [NEHAWU] in the Limpopo Province will tomorrow [Friday July 13, 2018] as part of its Provincial Day of Action march to the Officer of the Premier to deliver a memorandum of demands in relation to the crisis currently engulfing all departments across the provincial government especially in the Department of Health.
The Provincial Day of Action will be in a form of a march directed to both the Premier of the Province. The aim of the march is to sharply raise the following demands amongst others:
- Collapse of the public healthcare system in the Province
- Non-payment of overtime.
- Grade progression for all health professionals.
- Consistent translation of nurses who acquired post-graduate qualification with back pay.
- Appointment of 108 non-bursary holders’ community service nurses who are currently roaming the streets while there is shortage of professional nurses in hospital and clinics.
- Absorption of community health workers as full time employees of the department.
Details of the march
Date: Friday July 13, 2018
Assembly time: 9am
Assembly point: SABC Park Corner Landros Mare and Exelcior Roads, Polokwane
The memorandum will be received by the Premier at the Premier’s Office, Hans Van Rensberg Street at 12h00
Members of the media are invited to attend and to cover the march
For more information please contact, Cde Jacob Adams, at 082 558 5966 or email email@example.com visit NEHAWU website at www.nehawu.org.za