The Congress of South African Trade Unions in Limpopo hereby declares is unwavering support for a strike against Louis Trichardt Super Spar by the South African Commercial, Catering and Allied Workers Union (SACCAWU) planned to start on the 31st July 2019.
SACCAWU will be embarking on an industrial action to demand the following:
- Unilateral change of employment where the company has decided to reduce the hours of workers without consultation with the union and the number of hours that workers have lost during March and April 2019 is 48% which we want the company to back pay.
- Transport for workers who knock off after 18h00
- 10% increase that the company have promised workers during the meeting on February 2019
- Payment of uniform which the company agreed to provide for free the first time and in case of additional uniform the employees will get a 15% discount. This is not happening and the company continue to deduct without the knowledge of the union
- In addition to the above, the union demands that the company must stop intimidating workers who have joined a union and that the company must reinstate employees who have been dismissed unlawfully and verbally
The federation is, therefore, calling on workers and shop stewards in and around Makhado to support the SACCAWU strike.
Issued by COSATU Limpopo
Gerald Mkhomazi Twala (Provincial Secretary)
79A Biccard Street
Mobile: 071 587 2872/076 522 8864