The National Education, Health and Allied Workers’ Union [NEHAWU] will host a seminar on the National Health Insurance [NHI] tomorrow [Tuesday, September 17, 2019] at the University of KwaZulu-Natal [UKZN] Howard College Campus under the theme “Access to healthcare is a right, not a commodity”.
The aim of the seminar is to adequately prepare for a full-blown campaign on the NHI and ensure that we defend this hard-won victory of the working class against its detractors.
Speakers to address the seminar:
· Dr. Aquina Thulare from the Department of Health will make a Presentation on NHI Bill and Implementation of NHI
· Cde Nomagugu Simelane-Zulu KZN MEC of Health will make a presentation on how KZN province is preparing the ground for the implementation of NHI
· Cde Solly Mapaila SACP 1st Deputy General Secretary will make a Presentation on Universal Health Coverage and Social Science
· Health Systems Trust NGO will make a presentation on its work and its vision towards health equity in a healthier Africa
· Dr M Ann-Mathews: The national epidemic of Non-communicable Diseases: Health promotion and disease prevention in the context of the universal health coverage.
· Dr Katlego Mothudi: Board of Health Funders’ Perspective on the NHI
Details of the seminar
Date: Tomorrow, Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Time: 10 am
Venue: University of KwaZulu-Natal [Howard College Campus] 238 Mazisi Kunene Rd, Glenwood, Durban Members of the media are encouraged to attend and to cover the press conference. Please confirm attendance with NEHAWU National Spokesperson Cde Khaya Xaba at 082 455 2500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org