The National Education, Health and Allied Workers’ Union (NEHAWU) is inviting the media to cover the NEHAWU Community Healthcare Workers marches which will take place tomorrow (Thursday November 26, 2020) across the country.
Memorandums clearly explaining our demands will be submitted to government with an ultimatum of seven days to respond positively and favourable to our demands. Failure to respond positively will, unfortunately, leave us with no option but to intensify the strike and render the system ungovernable.
Details of the marches:
- The province will have a provincial march that will commence at Montshiwa Stadium and proceed to Provincial Treasury, Health and Premiers Office. The comrades will converge at 10H00 and the memorandums will be handed over between 12H00 and 13H30. NEHAWU President Cde Mzwandile Makwayiba will address the march.
- Thabo Moshoeshoe will converge at the Regional Office Parking lot at 10H00 and march to Port Elizabeth Health District Office and handover the memorandum at 13H00. NEHAWU 1st Deputy President Michael Shingange will address the march.
- Max Madlingozi and Yure Mdyogolo Regions will hold a joint rally at University of Fort Hare Grounds. Assembling at 10H00 where-after they will march to present the Memorandum to the Office of the MEC for Health at Dukumbana Building, Bhisho 13H00.
- OR Tambo region shall assemble at 10H00 at Murray Sports Ground and the memorandum will be handed over at 13H00 at Alfred Nzo District Office
- Mathew Goniwe region will assemble at 10H00 at Queenstown Ezibeleni Traffic Circle will hand over the memorandum at 12H00 Komani District Hospital
- King Sabatha Dalindyebo Region will converge at Savoy Park at 10H00 and will march to the district Office at Botha Sigcawu Building at 13H00
- Central West and Thabo region , the two regions will assemble at Bophelo house at 10H00 to hand over the memorandum at 12H00. NEHAWU 2nd Deputy President Cde Nyameka Macanda will address the march
- Maluti region assemble at 10H00 at Phutaditshaba Hall and march to the Thabo Mofutsanyane and hand over the memorandum at 12H00
- Kopano Region assemble at 10H00 at Boitumelo hospital to hand over the memorandum at 12H00.
- Mike Tauyatswala Region assembling at 11H00 am Polokwane Hospital Park and handing over at 13H00 at Health Head Office. NEHAWU National Treasurer Cde Kgomotso Makhuphola will address the march
- Alph Makaleng Region assembly point at 11H00 Mokopani Bus Rank and handing over the memorandum at 12H00 at Voortrekker Hospital
- Elwels Maponya Region assembling at 11H00 Nkensani Hospital and the memorandum will be handed over at 12H00 at Health Mopani District Office
- Kennedy Phalanndwa Region assembling at 11H00 Old Parliament Prescient and memorandum will be handed over at 12H00 at Health Vhembe District Office
- Peter Nchabeleng Region the assembling will be at 11H00 at Dilokong Hospital and the memorandum will be handed over at 12H00
- Bohlabela and Ehlanzeni Regions will converge at 10H00 at Mbombela Freedom Sq. Government Complex where the memorandum will be handed over at 12H00. NEHAWU General Secretary Cde Zola Saphetha will address the march
- Gert Sibande Region will converge at Ermelo DoH District Office and hand over the memorandum at 12H00.
- Nkangala Region will converge at 10H00 at Pietkoornhoof DOH district Office and hand over the memorandum at 12H00
- Durban Region the comrades will converge at EThekwini Health District Office at 10H00 and handover the memorandum at 12H00. NEHAWU Deputy General Secretary Cde December Mavuso will address the march.
- Bheki Mkhize Region will converge at 10H00 King Cetshwayo District Office and memorandum will be submitted there 12H00.
- Harry Gwala Region comrades will converge at NEHAWU Regional Office and march to Natalia (Msunduzi District Office) from 10H00 to 13H00 and hand over the memorandum.
- Magwaza Maphalala Region will converge at UThukela District (Ladysmith Hospital) where the memorandum will be handed over.
- Arshall Thembani Dyushu Region will converge and march from Community Hall in Nonzwakzi (De Aar) to De Aar Hospital from 10H00
- Ds. Aubrey Beukes Region will march from Progress clinic as the starting point and deliver the memorandum Dr. Harry Surtie at 12H00
- John Taolo Gaetsewe Region starting point will be Mothibistad Garage to Kagisho Health District Office by 12H00.
- Frances Baard Region will march from the City Hall (Kimberley) to the Provincial Office of the MEC of Health
- The province will have a provincial march in Cape Town and comrades will march to the Department of Health Head Office in the province. The memorandum will be handed to the MEC at 13H00.
Leadership of COSATU, SACP, SASCO, and YCLSA will also address these marches.
Members of the media are invited to attend and to cover these events. For more information contact: NEHAWU National Spokesperson, Cde Khaya Xaba, at 082 455 2500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org