The South African Municipal Workers’ Union (SAMWU) in Johannesburg and Tshwane Regions hereby invites the media for their joint press briefing which will be held on the challenges that are faced by workers in both Cities.
Issues to be discussed includes;
- Withholding of R32 million in union subscription fees by the City of Johannesburg.
- Corruption at JRA
- Dismissal of the 130 City of Johannesburg employees.
- Failure to implement salary and wage increases by the City of Tshwane, despite having lost their exemption application.
- Capturing of the City of Tshwane by right-wing elements.
- Union bashing in both Cities.
- Outsourcing of services and abolition of labour brokering.
- Absorption of EPWP workers.
- Political interference in municipal administration.
Members of the media are hereby invited to attend and cover the event which will be held as follows;
Date: Wednesday 13 April 2022
Venue: SAMWU House, 84 Frederick Street, Marshalltown, Johannesburg.
Kindly confirm attendance telephonically with Thobani Nkosi on 066 290 2134 or Mpho Tladinyane on 083 941 5888.
Jointly issued by SAMWU Johannesburg and Tshwane Regions
Johannesburg Regional Secretary
066 290 2134
Tshwane Regional Secretary
083 941 5888