The Congress of South African Trade Unions (COSATU) in Limpopo hereby declare its readiness for the 2022 Provincial Workers Day Celebration planned for the 1st May at Makhuvha Stadium, Thulamela Municipality in the Vhembe District.
For the past weeks, the federation has been to workplaces, convened district cluster shopstewards councils to mobilize workers of our province to attend the 2022 Provincial Workers Day Celebration. Workers of our province, in their hundreds, have shown keen interest and determination to attend their May Day Rally and celebrate our hard won victories but also recommit to the relentless struggles against exploitation, retrenchments, unemployment, poverty and inequality.
The federation will utilize the 2022 Workers Day to affirm that our priority remains to defend workers and also fight for the dreams and the aspirations of workers and the working class in general. We shall recommit to lead workers to build strong workplace unions to fight arrogant employers, fight for decent wages, improved working conditions and compliance to labour laws of our country.
The 2022 Workers Day will therefore be utilized to demonstrate the strength and militancy of COSATU as we prepare for the socio-economic and political battles ahead. As part of the build-up programmes towards our Provincial 2022 Workers Day Celebrations, the federation in the province will be embarking on the following activities:
- Donations of school shoes to underprivileged learners at Tshififi Primary School on the 29th April 2022 at 08h00
- Cleaning and painting of Mangodi Community Creche on the 29th April 2022 at 10h00
- Courtesy visit to the families of the late Timson Musetsho and Ronald Mani and laying of wreaths at their graveside on the 30th April 2022 at 10h00
Our Provincial 2022 Workers Day Rally will be addressed by the alliance as follows:
- Comrade Thoko Didiza – ANC NEC member
- Comrade Solly Mapaila – SACP 1st Deputy General Secretary
- Comrade Mike Shingange – COSATU 1st Deputy President
The media is invited to cover the event
Issued by COSATU Limpopo
Gerald Mkhomazi Twala (Provincial Secretary)
Mark Shope House
79A Biccard Street
Mobile: 071 587 2872/076 522 8864