The South African Municipal Workers’ Union (SAMWU) in the Tshwane Region will be marching to Tshwane house to deliver a memorandum to the City of Tshwane on challenges facing workers on Wednesday 26 July 2023.
Issues to be raised by workers includes the following;
- Nonpayment of 3.5% and 5.4% salary increase
- Unilateral implementation of performance management system
- 500 million Akhile payment
- 700 million Altron contract
- Payment of annual once off notch
- Proper implementation of Metro Police grading system
Members of the media are hereby invited to cover the match which will be held as follows;
Date : 26 July 2023
Time : 10h00
Venue : Workers will convene at Old Putco bus depot at 10h00 in Marabastad and proceed to Tshwane House where a memorandum will be delivered at 12h30.
Issued by SAMWU Gauteng Province
083 941 5888
Acting Regional Secretary
072 601 8876