Who can register?
- be a South African citizen;
- be at least 16 years old (you can only vote from age 18); and
- have a green, bar-coded ID book; smartcard ID; or valid Temporary Identity Certificate (TIC).
What documents do I need to register?
- green, bar-coded ID book
- smardcard ID; or
- valid Temporary Identity Certificate (TIC)
How do I register?
- To vote in elections, you must register as a voter.
- You only have to register once, unless you move (within South Africa) or your voting district boundaries change.
What happens when I apply?
- Go to your local IEC office
- Fill in an application form
- Your ID book is scanned
- A barcoded sticker is pasted in your ID. If you have a smartcard, the sticker will be pasted on a special form that will be given to you
How do I know if or I’m registered?
- Send an SMS with your ID number to 32810 (R1.00 per sms);
- download IEC mobile app and enter your ID;
- check your registration details online;
- check at your voting station during registration weekend or
- check at your local IEC office during office hours
Find out how to vote!
- Present your valid identification document to the door controller at the entrance of the voting station
- Check that you are on the voters’ roll
- Get your ballot papers
- Get your identification documents stamped
- Find an empty voting booth and make your ‘X’
- Cast your vote
- Ensuring voting is free and fair
[su_label type=”important”]Vote on the 3 August 2016[/su_label]